The participating countries: BiH, Italy, Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Poland, United Kingdom, Croatia, Latvia and Serbia.
22-24 February 2013
Aims of APV:
- Get know the aims and goals, results of the exchange
- Preparing detailed program and roles
- Get know each other, and organizations
- Get know the groups:
Please prepare from the needs and expectation of your group, bring your aspects of group selection.
- Speak about the group preparation
- Task of leaders
- Potential conflicts and solutions
- Historical topics and workshops
- How we can continue the program, the topic at home, after the exchange
- Getting to know the venue, surrounding, city of Vrnjacka Banja.
The main goal of this exchange is to show young people with fewer opportunities how to take active role in the life of their community, provide them possibility to get new skills and knowledge and increase their ability to create projects tackling and solving the common community problems.
Young people with fewer opportunities are facing many problems. The source of this we can find in fact that the society is not aware of their problems and has no information about the lives of young people with fewer opportunities. Lack of information can very easily lead to misunderstandings and potential conflicts.
To change the perception of majority is significantly important that people with fewer opportunities will raise their voices and stop being silent that they will take active role in their local communities. It is more than important in small cities where no bridging activities as implemented for example by NGOs or local authorities. In these cases is significantly important that these young people will become active – will become drivers of the change and they will start to take steps to change the situation.
In help of the process of sharing knowledge, opinion and attitude of the topic, the project will use non-formal educational methods like discussions, workshops, group work,role play, Analysis of the situation or case, brainstorming, practical work, etc.
The planning visit is scheduled for February 22 – February 24, 2013 in Vrnjacka banja in the Pansion VUK.
Date of the exchange is 28 March – 6 Apryl 2013.
Total duration of the Activity (in days), including travel days : 10 days in Vrnjacka banja (Serbia).
Objectives of the project:
- To promote active participation and inclusion as a most significant values working with youth with fewer opportunities – youth coming from social excluded groups, minority background, facing with unemployment or belong to social marginalized group.
- To increase awareness of the value and importance of active engagement and as a tool to develop and improve competence for personal, social and professional development.
- To encourage excluded young people with fewer opportunities to play an active role in their communities
Outcomes of the project: